MonaLisa Touch™ - DaVinci Skin Care Center
About the procedure
The MonaLisa Touch procedure is a break through non-surgical, laser treatment to restore vaginal health by stimulating the generation of new collagen, elastin, revascularization and robust new epithelial cells in the vaginal lining.
The procedure is FDA cleared for treatment of the vaginal atrophy and the accompanying symptoms of dryness, itching, painful urination, and painful sex.
These symptoms are common post menopause but can occur any time after the age of 35 when estrogen production begins to decline. Those having undergone chemotherapy or with other conditions can also experience these symptoms.
The therapy protocol:
> 3 treatments of less than 5 minutes each …
> Performed in office
> No anesthesia… painless… no downtime… virtually no side effects…
> Immediate and lasting relief
> Thousands of women successfully treated since 2012
Maria Sophocles M.D., Gyn.
In her twenty years of caring for women, Dr. Sophocles has come to understand and appreciate the most distressing problems of each age group. “Women of any age want to be heard. They want a physician to listen to them.” Dr. Sophocles says, “I spend time with my patients so they can share intimate issues and complex problems. I believe in a progressive clinical practice, whether traditional or holistic or alternative based medicine.”
Until this laser procedure, there were few treatment options for the 30 million women in this country who suffer with the symptoms of vaginal atrophy. The primary treatment has been hormone therapy which can be of limited effectiveness and may not be the best choice for many women.
Dr. Sophocles, who is a nationally recognized speaker on vulvovaginal atrophy and female sexual dysfunction, was also instrumental in bringing the MonaLisa Touch™ laser procedure to the USA after seeing its effectiveness in Italy where has been tested since 2008.
Dr. Sophocles has had such a positive response from her patients at her busy practice in Princeton NJ that she wanted to bring the treatment to our area where she has family roots as well as many friends and colleagues from her time practicing medicine in the
Talk about it.
See if the MonaLisa Touch™ procedure could be right for you.
Vaginal health is important to a woman’s physical health and emotional wellbeing.
You don’t need to accept vaginal changes as an inevitable part of your life.
• 20 years clinical practice
• Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
• Nationally Certified Menopause Practitioner
• Assistant Professor, University of Basel, Switzerland
• BA Duke University, Cum Laude, MD Jefferson Medical College, Residency Greater Baltimore Medical Center-Johns Hopkins Hospital
• Board Certified, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
• Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
• Nationally Certified Menopause Practitioner, certified by North American Menopause Society
• Certified Cynosure MonaLisa Touch Laser System
• Medical Advisory Board: Lelo/Intimina
• International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health (ISWSSH)
• North American Menopause Society (NAMS)
• American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
• American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG)
• University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro (UMCPP), Attending Gynecologist